Dr. Louay Fatoohi was born in Baghdad, Iraq, in 1961. He is among a few of Islamic scholars who is well versed with the Biblical narratives, other Jewish and Christian writings, and historical sources.
He converted from Christianity to Islam in his early twenties and have been particularly interested in studying the Qur’an ever since.
A productive writers he has written several books and over forty scientific and general articles in Arabic and English. He is particularly interested in studying historical characters and events that are mentioned in the Qur’an and comparing the Qur’anic account with Judeo-Christian sources.
The following are his most recent books:
1) Abrogation in the Qur’an and Islamic Law: A Critical Study of the Concept of “Naskh” and its Impact. (2012)
2) Jesus The Muslim Prophet: History Speaks of a Human Messiah Not a Divine Christ. (2010)
3) Jihad in the Qur’an: The Truth from the Source (third edition). (2009)
4) The Mystery of the Messiah: The Messiahship of Jesus in the Qur’an, New Testament, Old Testament, and Other Sources. (2009)
5) The Mystery of the Crucifixion: The Attempt to Kill Jesus in the Qur’an, the New Testament, and Historical Sources. (2008)
6) The Mystery of Israel in Ancient Egypt: The Exodus in the Qur’an, the Old Testament, Archaeological Finds, and Historical Sources. (co-authored with Shetha Al-Dargazelli) (2008)
7) The Mystery of the Historical Jesus: The Messiah in the Qur’an, the Bible, and Historical Sources. (2007) (Re-published in Malaysia by IBT in 2009)
8) The Prophet Joseph in the Qur’an, the Bible, and History: A new detailed commentary on the Qur’anic Chapter of Joseph. (2005) (Re-published in 2007)
He has also co-translated with his wife Shetha Al-Dargazelli the book Purification of the Mind (Jila’ Al-Khatir) by Shaikh ‘Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jili, which is currently in its second edition.
His previous works include History Testifies to the Infallibility of the Qur’an which I co-authored with Shetha and which has been completely rewritten and updated and published under the title The Mystery of Israel in Ancient Egypt.
He have published 16 scientific papers on astronomy and another 6 on the Islamic calendar. I have also written several technical papers and general articles about psychology, parapsychology, Sufism, and other topics.
In addition to publishing excerpts from his published works and writing new articles on the Qur’an on his website, he also publish on Islam, politics, and other topics on his blog.
He is also on facebook and twitter.